About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in San Diego. Currently I'm a grad student at SDSU (class of 2013) studying Rehabilitation Counseling to help people with disabilities get the accessability and accomodations they need to achieve their potential! I'm an alum of Helix High, Rick's College & BYU. Yes, I'm a Mormon & I served a mission in The Texas Dallas Spanish/ASL Mission. Although it wasn't always true, I'm now successfully living with Schizoaffective Disorder. I've been blessed with a great family and many friends. Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fun at the Movies!

Okay, so when I was younger I liked to go to the movies. Watching the movies was always enjoyable, but I really enjoyed making the audience laugh, and my friends die of embarassment.

I used to stand up before the movie started and get the entire theater to sing Happy Birthday to one of my unsuspecting friends. I don't know if it was ever really their birthday and I honestly I don't ever remember having done it, but one of my friends and his wife like to remind me of it now and again. (You know who you are and this entry is for you!! LOL). I think I did it on more than once and to more than one friend. I'll have to take a poll among my dear readers.

Anyway, a friend today posted a video that made me smile. It's one where a man proposes to his girlfreind via the theater. It made me remember all the times I've heard stories about myself getting all the audiences to sing Happy Birthday. I thouhgt I'd share it with you. -MOPS

1 comment:

Jeanine said...

We know who we are =) (And you're right that wasn't the only time he was sung to when it wasn't his birthday!) We just took another walk down memory lane... It was at the movie theatre near the Ricks College campus... After you lead 'happy birthday' before the movie, you also sang, "can you feel the love tonight?" to us as we exited after the Lion King movie =) You make us smile. (No one knew that we had just become 'unofficially' engaged that weekend =)