About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in San Diego. Currently I'm a grad student at SDSU (class of 2013) studying Rehabilitation Counseling to help people with disabilities get the accessability and accomodations they need to achieve their potential! I'm an alum of Helix High, Rick's College & BYU. Yes, I'm a Mormon & I served a mission in The Texas Dallas Spanish/ASL Mission. Although it wasn't always true, I'm now successfully living with Schizoaffective Disorder. I've been blessed with a great family and many friends. Enjoy!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Second Graders

Recently I started volunteering at the Language Academy which is near my house. I am working in a Second Grade classroom and they are learning Spanish. they study topics in Spanish and I am learning a lot.

The kids are so much fun! I forgot how fun it was to be a kid. There are several kids who come up to me when I arrive and they give me a big hug. (Which is exactly what I need.) We have fun playing on the playground and jumping rope. Yesterday the music teacher came and let everyone play on her trumpet. He had 4 mouthpieces and a jar of alcohol. SO She soaked every mouthpiece after it was used and every kid got the chance to try . . . including me. I was by far the loudest since I have the largest lung capacity. It was hilarious!

Today I went out to eat with my telecare worker. I had Sushi. It was probably the third time I've ever had sushi. The first time I was with a bunch of friends. I thought the green stuff they give you with your order was avocado. WRONG! I practically melted my entire mouth and throat! Boy!

Well, I hope you're all doing well. I'm getting my picture taken tomorrow as a volunteer for the school. I don't know if I will get a copy or if it is just for the school. Who knows. I guess I had better dress nice for the picture. :)

Until later, MOPS

2 comments:

Sharla said...

So glad you're enjoying the school. How'd your picture taking adventure turn out? I guess you probably don't have it back yet.

Sarah said...

I dressed up nice and even wore makeup but the picture was awful!