About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in San Diego. Currently I'm a grad student at SDSU (class of 2013) studying Rehabilitation Counseling to help people with disabilities get the accessability and accomodations they need to achieve their potential! I'm an alum of Helix High, Rick's College & BYU. Yes, I'm a Mormon & I served a mission in The Texas Dallas Spanish/ASL Mission. Although it wasn't always true, I'm now successfully living with Schizoaffective Disorder. I've been blessed with a great family and many friends. Enjoy!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Dept. of Vocational Rehabilitation

Hi, I am excited to say that Department of Vocational Rehabilitation California is currently helping me get the papers in order to get my education and get off the dole! Yes, that is right folks. I will be getting an education, a job and getting off social security!! Yea!!

Granted it will take a while, but I am so happy to be part of this program. They said that once the paperwork is approved they will pay for my GRE and my tuition and books!! The paperwork should all be completed and accepted to begin by the beginning of next week! Can you believe that!? I'm currently looking forward to applying for the Master's of Rehabilitation Counseling at SDSU. Evidently it is even the nineth in the nation! I have finished my application with the exception of my three letters of recommendation, taking the GRE and transcripts from BYU and Ricks. Oh my word!

Today I went to the dentist. I really have the best Dentist, Dr. Scott Herrod. He and his office and assistants are probably some of the most thoughtful people I know and deal with for my health. if it weren't for that scraping noise when they clean my teeth, I think I would go more often. I do look forward to seeing them though.

I got to hang out with my parents today. They took me to my dentist appt. and they also took me to get my early Christmas Present, NEW PLANNER PAGES!! I don't know why, but getting new pages always gets me excited about the comming year, especially now that I have so much to look forward to. I almost ripped right into those pages when I got home, but I decided to check my email and post something here first. Ah, the restraint! Although, I think this is the first time I have looked forward to the new year in a LONG time. I guess it's because I can actually see the change in my life. I am actually feeling happy, not just exsisting. I have my education to look forward to and my new job as a Rehab Counselor not looking like a dream anymore but actually realistic. I have also been able to make some friends and build my enjoyment factor. Boy, am I grateful!

Leslie made homemade mac and cheese last night. Homemade is so much better than that box stuff I was eating so often!

Well, I can't wait to rip into those planner pages. I'd better go . . . until later, MOPS

Oh, I took a picture of those silly boots. I have been wearing them religiously. I have gotten pretty good at walking around in them. In fact, my new favorite past time is dancing in them. Actually, I just plant my feet on the ground, swing my hips, and shoulders, wave my finger back and forth while lip sic - ing "R-E-S-P-E-C-T find out what it means to me!" with it turned up! While no one else is home of course. :)

The Boots!
YES, it looks like I have two left feet, but I was assured they were bi-footed. (is that how you say it?)


Okay, so you can't get a true idea of me dancing from this picture. Too bad I don't have a video of me singing and dancing R-E-S-P-E-C-T! I guess I need to find a friend with a camera. :)

-MOPS

4 comments:

HMichaelsen said...

Sarah, I'm so happy to have found your blog and can't wait to hear more about you grad school adventures. It definitely sounds like you have a LOT to look forward to in 2010!

Jeanine said...

Yeah! Your plans and goals will make a fantastic new year! Why do you have to wear the boots?

Sarah said...

Hannah,
You're right I have a lot to look forward to.

Jeanine,
I won the foot lotto!! (For the real secret look at the posts called "Ah My Foot!" and "Halloween Costume" in October of this year.

Glad you both joined the fun. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Anonymous said...

I wore boots just like that in college! A double food surgery, bone-spurs specifically. I walked around U of U campus like that, in the snow, almost all winter. I didn't, however, every try the RESPECT dance. Why are you wearing them?

You forgot to tell me about your educational plans, see? Yes, you will be very fulfilled doing these things.

Way to go!