About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in San Diego. Currently I'm a grad student at SDSU (class of 2013) studying Rehabilitation Counseling to help people with disabilities get the accessability and accomodations they need to achieve their potential! I'm an alum of Helix High, Rick's College & BYU. Yes, I'm a Mormon & I served a mission in The Texas Dallas Spanish/ASL Mission. Although it wasn't always true, I'm now successfully living with Schizoaffective Disorder. I've been blessed with a great family and many friends. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

School is ALMOST here!!

Greetings!

Yay! School starts on the 30th and I am SO EXCITED! I have all my books and all my pens ready! I've even had this hankering to begin reading those books .... so I did! Weird huh?

I've been looking to move to somewhere nice and peaceful that would be closer to school and I think I found it. So ... I've got to start packing. My parents are taking me over tonight to just solidify things. Can I just tell you I am looking forward to this move in ways no one can understand! No more yippy dogs ... Did I ever mention I'm NOT a dog person? Dogs are nice to look at from afar.

I wrote an article for The Seagull again and I am working on another one!

Work has been going okay. I am realizing the insanity of working with a company who has a computer system of the dark ages. Our computers are constantly down or kicking us out and then telling us when we sign on again that our passwords are invalid. (sigh) BUT I will only be working there until school starts and then I will be a starving student! (I'm accepting donations! ha ha!) Of course I may be one in the literal sense because heaven knows I can't cook! Anyone have tips for ways to plan a weeks worth of food for one person. Ideas for a meal plan? In this new place I will not be sharing groceries. Which is good because I won't run the risk of offending my roommate for not eating her scary meat dishes and BAD because my roommate really had a knack for pulling together recipes I'd never tasted before. In someways I feel like this move is probably akin to when I left home for the first time because I had no idea how to cook or plan meals then either. Anything I had learned food-wise was completely erased with the ECT. Too bad they don't have classes for these things. I really could use one!

Anyway! I'd better get to the packing! Love you guys! -MOPS

8 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm so excited for you!

HMichaelsen said...

So excited for your move & for you to start your classes! Best of luck to you! Hugs!!

Heidi Reads... said...

Yay! Congratulations! Is your new place in the ward??? That's so cool you're writing articles for the Seagull. A great way to exercise and share your talents. It must feel good to be published :)
I am also horrible at menu planning, but I'll email you some easy recipes that my family survives on!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your writing. The scripture reference was a crackup! Sorry that I don't cook more or I would help you out and I only know how to cook for a mob. Luke says PB&J is good and healthy. He also votes for cold cereal. That is all he loved on when a missionary. Love you sweetie. Good luck in your new place. Carol B

Jeanine said...

I just figured out what MOPS stood for! You are too funny! Hope your new home is a good one =) Did you know that I'm NOT a dog lover either? I get it=)

Sarah said...

Oh Jeanine! I am laughing hard at that one! (The whole MOPS thing. Ask Sheldon about it, I'm sure he's heard A LOT of my pointless stories!) I am no longer going to wake up to dogs scratching on my door wanting to get in ... barking ... and all htat other lovely stuff. I did take a picture of my favorite of the two. I'll have to post that later.

Jeff Price said...

nachos

-chips
-cheese
-microwave
- 1 plate

put the chips on the plate. spread the cheese ontop of the chips. put the plate/chips/cheese into the microwave. melt cheese with the microwave.

once you get richer you can add the following items:

-onions
-sour cream
-salsa
-cilantro
-jalapenos

Jeff Price said...

i like to find what i want to eat for the next week. and then but the items on my list. make sure to plan for leftovers for the next day at school.

love you sarah