About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in San Diego. Currently I'm a grad student at SDSU (class of 2013) studying Rehabilitation Counseling to help people with disabilities get the accessability and accomodations they need to achieve their potential! I'm an alum of Helix High, Rick's College & BYU. Yes, I'm a Mormon & I served a mission in The Texas Dallas Spanish/ASL Mission. Although it wasn't always true, I'm now successfully living with Schizoaffective Disorder. I've been blessed with a great family and many friends. Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Ahh! My foot!

Okay, so I have relearned a lesson I learned a LONG time ago. Don't run after the elders! And don't run in the Church! Sunday I was at the North Stake's ASL class for game night and saw the elders leaving. Well, I'm now teaching a class they began and so I wanted to see if they had any ideas. (Can you see where this is going?) So I am running through the foyer, calling after the elders and roll, snap, I fell, biting my tongue in the process of trying not to let out a scream at church. I couldn't put any pressure on my left foot. A lump was swelling on the side and soon it turned blue. Nice. This is the same foot, I might add, that I twisted what? three months ago. So, I have weak ankles! Tis true.

The elders came back and gave me a priesthood blessing with a man named Randy from the ASL Branch.

My roommate took me home. (Sweet thing that she is.) We iced it and called the Dr. I went to the appointment on Monday Morning thanks to my willing Grandpa. I also made it to all the other Dr's appointments I had on Monday thanks to my VT, Heidi and my roommate's son, Collin.

My Dr. said my foot was sprained. He looked at the Xrays and said it would be fine. My other Dr said he was very happy I was feeling more and more like myself and to ease into the activities. My other Dr. talked to me about some goals. Ah . . . goals. Finish the book! Get involved in institute. Go to the NAMI classes. And . . . count down the days to Halloween. Nah, just kidding. Although I think I will be handing out the candy this year. Yeah!

My parents are back from their trip to Utah. They had a blast. They even brought me back a dark chocolate bar made from Madagascar cocoa beans. I guess that means David and Judy will feel right at home in Utah when they get home from their mission and can still get Madagascar Chocolate bars in Utah!

Conference this weekend was Awesome! It never ceases to amaze me that those things I am praying for are answered in the various talks. The Choir sounded fantastic! I am proud to say I have a cousin in it! She keeps me updated with all the news.

We celebrated my Grandma P. 86th Birthday!! I got a great picture of her blowing out her six candles. She looks like a kid again!

I found my journals and have slowly been transferring them into digital. So far I've finished one. What a riot it is to read them! I started writing a journal in 1987, so I was 12. Ah, the memories!

Well, until later!-MOPS

1 comment:

beachleys said...

I love reading your blog. You are such a great writer and YOU ARE BACK! Sarah I am so happy for you. Keep it up girl. I love you, Sis Beachley