About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in San Diego. Currently I'm a grad student at SDSU (class of 2013) studying Rehabilitation Counseling to help people with disabilities get the accessability and accomodations they need to achieve their potential! I'm an alum of Helix High, Rick's College & BYU. Yes, I'm a Mormon & I served a mission in The Texas Dallas Spanish/ASL Mission. Although it wasn't always true, I'm now successfully living with Schizoaffective Disorder. I've been blessed with a great family and many friends. Enjoy!

Friday, October 30, 2009

The Halloween Costume

Oh, I bet you're wondering what I would be for Halloween. I have basically three options: The stay puff marshmellow man, Frankenstien or Herman Munster!

You see my little foot that was hurt at the beginning of the month was finally diagnosed by a podiatrist as having tendon/muscle damage and so he's having me wear a velcro metal boot on that left foot. Then he looked again at my xrays of my other foot and told me that my right foot would hurt more with my overpronating when I was wearing the boot so he put a boot on the right foot too!

I am becoming rather adapt at walking like this. At first I was walking like Herman Munster, but now I can walk pretty well. In fact the funny thing is both my feet feel much better than they did before I "hurt" the left one. I've had bad feet for years and now niether can overpronate because their both forced to walk straight. Now I just need to get the muscle up to par. It brings new meaning to the leg lift idea.

I am so grateful that I already had that appt with the podiatrist because my sprained ankle seemed to be getting worse and worse with the passing weeks instead of becoming that perky, happy, yet smelly foot that it was.

So which shall I be for Halloween? Of course, if I'm going to be wearing these boots for the next 6 weeks I may as well wear the costume the entire time too, right? -MOPS

No comments: